Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Strings

Being a string player myself, I thought it was only fit if I started with the string group.

First of all, what exactly is the classification for the string group? Well, I could probably tell you, but for your sake, I decided to look it up. I got the definition of a string instrument off of Wikipedia. This is what they say: "A string instrument (or stringed instrument) is a musical instrument that produces sound by means of vibrating strings." And this leads me to my next point . . .

What types of instruments would fall into the string group? Well, think if any instrument that has strings and makes music. Got those in your head? Now compare your answers to the ones I got off of Wikipedia. I got that the most common istruments in the string family are guitar, violin, viola, cello, double bass, banjo, mandolin, ukulele, and harp. Not commonly regonized is the piano, but it is indeed a string instrument.

Having so many instruments to do, I have decided that I will give each instrument it's own day. I know this means that this will go on longer than planned, but it will be worth it when I start saying things like " the woodwinds bring in a beautiful melody" (which I probably will say). So please be patient. And if you really don't want to read all of this, then wait a while. I will start with the violin (see next post).

Also...

I will be getting most of my information from Wikipedia, which as you know is not the most reliable site. Again, do not hesitate to tell me where you fell I need more information or a correction!

The Mysterious Maestro




No comments:

Post a Comment